Invitation for an International Sketch Swap: MTL – NYC – Girona – Sao Paulo
Hey everyone! I’ve been talking with some of the other regional Urban Sketchers blogs about a fun project.
One of the most interesting things about Urban Sketching is that it’s a global movement. There are sketch groups like ours all over the world. We have a shared passion and each group is filled with people who are potential friends.
Mark Leibowitz (NYC) has proposed the idea of an exchange of original art.
Sounds like fun! I’m in!
Here’s the idea:
- Everyone who is interested, (and lives in Montreal!), mail me at marc.taro(at)gmail.com. BEFORE FEB FIRST! Please put ‘sketch swap’ in your subject line.
- Each participant will be (randomly) paired with a buddy in one of the other cities.
- Before the swap day (early Feb – date to be announced) we all email our sketch-partners and exchange mailing addresses.
- We all send our sketches by mail. I’d recommend we all do it on the same day – I think its more fun if the exchanges happen promptly.
- Sketches don’t have to be large – postcard size to 8×10. (I can say from my etsy experience, keeping a package under letter size keeps the cost down, and gets through the mail system faster :)
- Remember to put a (slightly larger) cardboard backing behind your sketches.
- I’m going to keep the sketches I send out a surprise, but we encourage you to post pictures of the sketches you get back.
- I hope everyone has fun, and makes a sketching friend we stay in touch with!